Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 2, 2012

Kielbasa and Cabbage


Last night I attempted two firsts in our home, cooking cabbage and frying potatoes.  Lets just say they were both absolutely delicious, however I don't know that frying potatoes will be done that often.  I'm not really into frying foods for the simple facts that it is not real healthy and I really can't stand the greasiness the entire house feels afterwards.  However, those potatoes sure were good!

Since I had never cooked a head of cabbage before in my entire life, I was on a mad search yesterday for a good cabbage recipe to feed my family for New Years Day.  I came across a Kielbasa and Cabbage recipe on Mostly Food and Crafts blog.  My kids ate this and asked for seconds, so that says a lot.  I had enough left over to feed us lunch today, which made this recipe even better.  If you love cabbage, you are sure to love this.

PRINTABLE VERSION
What you need:
1  pound  kielbasa, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices 
2 1/2 pound head of cabbage, chopped into bite-size pieces
1  (14.5-ounce) can of Rotel, undrained
1  teaspoon  salt
1/2  teaspoon  pepper

What you do:
Sauté kielbasa in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Set aside.
 Stir in cabbage; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in cooked sausage, Rotel, salt, and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment