Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Homemade Doggie Treats

December 1, 2012 and I realize I haven't accomplished half of my DYI projects I had set out to try this year. So, this morning I was determined to cross one off of my list. Homemade doggie treats for Roscoe. It was as if he knew they were for him as he was under my feet the entire time I was preparing them. This recipe yields approximately 40 treats. As
for Roscoe, the pickiest dog I've ever seen, he gives them two paws up!

What you need:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oats (I used quick oats)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the peanut butter, honey, oil and chicken broth. Add in the dry ingredients and combine. Roll out the mixture onto a floured surface, about 1/4" thick. Using a cookie cutter (I used candy cane shaped, but little dog bones would be cute) cut out your treats and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue to re-roll scraps to get as many treats as possible. Bake for 15 minutes and cool on wire rack. Store in an air tight container.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment